Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Microwave Cake!

Lets get things started with a combination of pins. Have you ever heard of the microwave cake? Have you ever tried Oreo pudding? If you haven't, you are in for a treat!
Microwave cakes are pretty much awesome, basically you add some angle food cake mix with some chocolate cake mix, add some water, put in the micro wave for one minute, and tada! a cute little individual cake! 
On this blog, I won't so much teach step by step how to complete a receipe I found on Pinterest, I will give you the links to the pins and then show pictures of myself doing the receipe. I will then say whether I think the pin is a yay or nay!
Here are the Pins and their links;
Click here to learn how to make a Poke-a-Hole Chocolate cake with Oreo pudding!

 Click here to learn how to make a microwave cake!



And this is how I did it! 
 I used a mason jar instead of a mug, which worked just as well!
 I mixed the angel food cake mix with a devil's food cake mix (you can use which ever cake mix you like!)
 put the mix and the water straight into the jar
 here's what it looked like all mixed
***add chocolate chips to the mix for extra deliciousness
 okay this is what it looked like right from the micro wave, and I decided that if I was ever going to use the recipe at a party or with company, this was not pretty enough, no matter how yummy in tasted! and it would be hard to frost in a jar!

 so.... I decided to add some Oreo pudding on top, taking the idea from the poke-a-hole cake as shown above!

 then because I like a little crunch on top, I added some Heath pieces. I would have much preferred Oreo crumbs, but I just used what I had! :)

 I wanted to see what two servings would look like, so i doubled the recipe, but I found the cake to not taste as good, and it actually felt like a little too much cake!
one serving         vs.      two servings
So there you  have it! a yummy cake in minutes! I really liked these pins, so I give them a YAY!

1 comment:

  1. looks like you're eating poo. thanks for sharing sal-gal.

    ReplyDelete